Need professional support for your research? Submit a request online.
The NSW Regional Cancer Research Network has appointed Senior Research Partners to provide specialised research support to Network members.
Dr Erin Fuller and Dr Alexandra (Alex) Smith are central to supporting our members to create a strong clinical research program across the Network. They work in collaboration with our Program Team, Network members and Partners to provide professional research support and expertise in areas of clinical need, as identified by stakeholders.
The assistance that Erin and Alex can provide our Network members includes (but is not limited to):
- High-level support and the provision of comprehensive client-focused advice across a range of research projects and initiatives, including the preparation of proposals and project protocols, research budgets, funding applications, ethics applications and research materials;
- Expert guidance in the development, implementation and delivery of high quality locally driven translational research projects;
- Establishment of collaborative relationships with and between key clinical research stakeholders to identify and develop research and capacity building initiatives based on localised stakeholder needs;
- Assistance with practical and individualised research capacity building including support in developing scientific, technical and research management skills and research capabilities and building research profiles in the wider community.
Dr Erin Fuller is based at the Hunter Medical Research Institute (HMRI) in Newcastle and Dr Alex Smith is based at the North West Cancer Centre - Tamworth Hospital.
You can submit a direct request for professional research support online and we will will make contact with you as quickly as possible.
About Erin and Alex
Dr Erin Fuller comes to the NSW Regional Cancer Research Network with a strong background in health and medical research, completing her PhD in the field of Psychoneuroimmunology at the University of Newcastle. She has worked extensively in high-level strategic research management, operational planning, administration, and governance within the University sector, most recently as Manager, Research & Engagement for the Hunter Medical Research Institute's Mental Health Research Program. Erin values cultivating dynamic and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including clinical, industry, and government partners. She is passionate about research and fostering researcher and clinician capacity to enable research impact. Dr Erin Fuller assists Network members from the geographic areas covered by:
- metro HNE LHD (Newcastle area)
- Northern NSW LHD
- Central Coast LHD.
Dr Erin Fuller is contactable via firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Alexandra Smith is a medical anthropologist working across both the academic and health service spheres. Most recently she has managed the Oncology Clinical Trials & Research Team at the North West Cancer Centre, Tamworth Hospital, and supports the conduct of trials and clinician-instigated research projects focused on cancer, palliative care, and the experiences of regional, rural and remote patient populations. In her concurrent Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Queensland, she is engaged in qualitative research presently focused on medicinal cannabis, advanced cancer, palliative care, and the perspectives and experiences of patients, caregivers, and clinicians. In both these roles, Dr Smith draws on her 20+ years' experience working in the university, public service, and health sectors to support clinical and academic research projects from concept to implementation. Dr Smith assists Network members in areas covered by:
- non-metro HNE LHD (including Maitland and all areas north of Maitland)
- Mid-North Coast LHD.
Dr Alex Smith is contactable via Alexandra.Smith2@health.nsw.gov.au
REQUEST RESEARCH SUPPORT